Monday, February 14, 2011

Percents

I've been learning about percents and why they are useful.  Knowing about this topic helps if I want to find out how much I earn total or to give tip in a restaurant.  This topic reminds me of when we tried to find out what "x" was because the technique is very similar.  The part that is the most confusing is that you need to add the tax to the price without tax to get the full price (total cost).  I'd like to know more about the real taxes so I can try it out.

Filip, 7th grade

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel! Sometimes finding percentages can be frustrating. My dad's job as an accountant is to work with taxes every day, so he made it look easy! I didn't like percentages at first, but now I can do them in my head! With practice, you can too.
    Keep it up! Soon you'll be at 100%.

    -Ms. Jessica

    ReplyDelete