Friday, February 18, 2011

Mother Teresa

I have been learning about Mother Teresa.  She was a nun in India.  She fought poverty and sickness with love.  This topic reminds me of another woman who also took care of the sick, except she worked in a war.  The part I know the most about is how Mother Teresa never really liked big agencies and everything organized.  She like things "happily disorganized".  Know about this topic helps me see how God can work through anybody, even a Catholic nun.  He doesn't only work through Seventh-day Adventists!  I'd like to know more about why she decided to be a nun and why she loved to work with the sick and poor.

Francheska, 7th grade

7 comments:

  1. I like the fact that she really helped the poor and sick. Why do you think she didn't like working in big Agencies and preferred happily disorganized things more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca Ackah,grade 8February 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM

    Which war did the other person you read about work in? And who is that other person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you mean by "happily organized"? Was Mother Teresa originally from India?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francheska I saw the picture and quote of mother Teresa. Was it Clara Barton you were talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She reminds me of another lady called Anna Knight who also went to India to serve God there. Could you tell me how she died and why she didn't like big agencies and being too organized? Nuns are mostly very kind and caring. How would you like to be a nun?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Francheska 7TH GradeMarch 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM

    Edmund, no I wasn't thinking about Clara Barton. I was thinking about Florence Nightangle and I think she helped in the Vietnam war. I didn't recall her name at the time though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the fact that she helped the poor people

    ReplyDelete