Monday, November 8, 2010

Fractions

I've been learning about fractions in Math.  The part I know the most about is how to reduce fractions to the lowest terms.  Knowing about fractions helps because if I want to cut a cake and the fraction is 6/12, I can convert it and it will be 1/2.  So I know I can cut the cake in half.  I'd like to know more about fractions so it can help me cook, like if it says I need 1 3/4 cup flour.  This topic reminds me of giving away.  For example, if I had a pizza and I cut it in 6 pieces and I give away 3 the fraction is 3/6 or 1/2.

Jessica, 5th grade

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, why does it remind you of giving away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been learning about fractions in math . The hardest part is to times improper fractions or whole numbers and fractions .

    ReplyDelete