Friday, March 25, 2011

French Revolution

I've been learning about why the French Revolution started. Knowing about this topic helps me understand why the French people hated the king and queen, Marie Antoinette and Luis XIV, so much that they beheaded them later on. This topic reminds me of the Glorious Revolution in England, that we had studied about in the previous chapter. Both revolutions started because the people were displeased and angry with their governments. The part I know the most about is how the 3rd Estate people, the National Assembly group, took over the Bastille. The Bastille was a prison like place that looked like a fortress, where the king kept lunatics and a few other prisoners. I'd like to know more about why the pheasants in the villages outside of the city started revolting too.


Zipporah, Grade 7

No comments:

Post a Comment